Features Supported by Browser
Browsers and systems not listed here are unsupported or untested.
|Browser||Device / OS||Animated Coaches||Training Module Sounds||Enhanced Visual Effects||Meteor Storm and Goalie Games||Typing Racer Game|
|Microsoft Edge||Windows 10||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Internet Explorer 10 and up||Windows 7, 8, and Up||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Internet Explorer 9||Windows Vista, 7||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Internet Explorer 8||Windows XP, Vista, 7||✓||✓|
|Chrome, version 18 and up||Windows and Mac||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Chrome, version 18 and up||Android||✓||Partial||✓||✓|
|Firefox, version 11 and up||Windows and Mac||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Safari, version 6 and up||Mac||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Safari, version 5.x||Mac||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Mobile Safari, iOS 6 and up||iPad||✓||✓||✓||✓|
General Compatibility Notes
- In the table, "Enhanced Visual Effects" includes cosmetic items such as round buttons, rounded corners, and partially transparent backgrounds. It also includes some animations and slideshows.
- iPad and Android tablets require an external keyboard. On-screen keyboards are not compatible with most activities.
- Administrator features (managing users, generating reports, etc) can be performed on a smartphone or tablet running iOS 5 or later or Android 4.0 or later.
Windows and Internet Explorer Notes
- The site is compatible with thin clients that connect to a Windows server, as long as sufficient network bandwidth is available to deliver graphics and sounds.
- Internet Explorer 7 and earlier are not compatible.
- If you use Windows XP, we highly recommend using an up-to-date version of Firefox or Google Chrome rather than using Internet Explorer 8. (Internet Explorer 8 is the latest for XP.) Firefox and Chrome are free and can be installed in only a few minutes.
- It will often be necessary to tap on the coach to get him/her to speak. This is due to audio limitations in Safari imposed by Apple that are outside of our control.
- iPads are not able to play the Meteor Storm or Goalie games because they are based on Adobe Flash, which is unavailable for the iPad. All future games developed for the web site will be iPad compatible.
- Some Android devices have 2 web browsers installed, one labeled as "Internet" and the other labeled as "Chrome". We recommend Chrome because it has the latest updates from Google.
- Google imposes restrictions on web browser audio that prevent some sound effects from working. You will often need to tap on a coach before he/she will speak. Also, not all training module sounds will play.
- The Meteor Storm and Goalie games require the Adobe Flash player, which is not available for Android.
Network / Bandwidth Requirements
- For home users, any cable or DSL internet connection should be sufficient.
- For wireless users, 4G LTE is recommended, but the site is still functional at 3G speeds.
- For a school or organization, your network and internet provider should be able to deliver multiple audio streams simultaneously to your users (if using the animated talking coaches). The network should also support an occasional video.
- If using a firewall or proxy server, make sure to allow all traffic to/from web addresses ending in typingtraining.com.
Junk E-Mail Filters
We highly recommend allowing all emails from the following addresses:
- - For customer and technical support.
- - A send-only email address used for automated and semi-automated messages, such as reports e-mailed from the web site.